Back in 2002 a mate of mine and I custom restored an arcade cabinet. Some photos are below. I’ll write more here about the project at some point.
To do the project we:
- Found an old cabinet from a thrift store. It was an empty shell; all the electronics had already been removed
- We repainted the cabinet
- A Playstation 1 arcade controller was used. We bought a converter online to convert it to USB (to connect to a PC)
- I designed the lightbox sign and the logo ‘Insert Coin’
- We had glass cut for the screen
- We mounted an old 17″ computer monitor inside the cabinet
- The MAME emulator was installed on a PC computer. We had MANY games setup in MAME
Was good fun!